For the modified Ford Sierra set−up I used :
- Modified Sierra uprights.
- Mushroom top hat adapters.
- McSorley 442 chassis with suspension mounts similar to Locost.
- 195/45/15 − Diameter 556mm.
- −1° camber.
- Chassis to ground clearance 150mm.
- Front track 1452mm.
- Roll Centre Height = 916mm
- Swing Arm Radius = 1778mm
- Top Arm delclination = 4.8° & Length = 310mm
- Bottom Arm inclination = 2.0° & Length = 408mm
- Top to Bottom Arm ratio = 0.754
- Steering Axis Inclination = 10.92° + 1° camber (total 11.92°)
- Scrub radius = 63mm
The swing arm radius, scrub and steering arm inclination are much closer to the desired goal.
Some goals such as 10° bottom arm inclination maybe hard to achieve on a road car due to ground clearance requirements, upright and tyre height.
This design is in the right direction. However a lot of trigonometry will be needed to accurately calculate parameters such as performance in bounce.