With the engine running, I’ve turned my attention back to the bodywork. I’ve started the wire frame for the bodywork buck. Although essentially this started as a Haynes Roadster, hopefully depending on my bodywork skills, will end up as a late 1930’s style Hot Rod. In the past I mocked up several designs firstly in Photoshop, CAD and wood.
Making your own car is not easy and there are several stages that need to be gone through before the final shape can be finalised. The chassis is somewhat simpler in that it’s shape and layout is somewhat dictated by the components it has to house. With the body there is more freedom for expression and what might work practically, does not work visually.